Wednesday, November 5, 2008

What is PressConnect?

PressConnect is the product of so many conversations over lunch, coffee and otherwise. It's no secret that traditional media sources face significant challenges, some of which include dropping readership/viewership, the rise of citizen journalism, blogs, YouTube, and the list goes on.

Why me? My college training was in Journalism. My first job out of college was as a newspaper reporter. I have a great passion for the important role the media serves in society. I see the frustration and the daily challenges. Instead of sitting by, I created PressConnect to connect media professionals and to shine a light on innovation within the industry. Let me know what you think. Send me a guest post. Send me your favorite links. Point out hotshot reporters.

Let's get the dialogue going. Let's get engaged in new media. Let's get on with it.

Terry

No comments: